Cognitive robotics is an active
research area at the border between artificial intelligence and
It investigates and tries to implement in technical systems mental functions, which are associated with intelligence.
This covers the perception of the environment, action planning, and learning. In this lab course, the students will implement algorithms for the control of our cognitive robots.
In this semester, the students will work on the tasks of the European Robotics Challenges.
These consist of three challenges, which are inspiered by industrial applications:
- The students will work in small groups.
- The lab is a good preparation for writing a thesis in the Autonomous Intelligent Systems group.
- Active participants will have the opportunity to join our EuRoC teams.
- Good programming skills in C/C++ or some other object-oriented programming language.
- Knowledge in robotics, artificial intelligence, or machine learning is helpful.